Right as I finished typing the title, I reached for a pillow and my lower back cracked in a way I didn't know was possible... seems like a good way to start this post.
I love that we are having a baby. I love that she will be my little baby, and I am really excited to meet her. A lot of people say they get a mild sense for their baby's personality while they're pregnant. Not me. Besides knowing she likes to kick and has a heartbeat, I must be missing out on that mother's intuition. I can't even guess what she'll be like. I was also sure she was a boy for the first 5 months of her existence, so... looks like I'll be getting to know this girl the old fashioned way of spending time together. But, I love imagining holding her and seeing her smile or playing games with her. I cannot wait! Also, Nate and I look enough alike, we've decided it's only genetically possible for her to be cute. That's good news.
While waiting for a baby is exciting, being pregnant is not. Here is a list of the things I daydream about when I'm not thinking about our little girl:
1. Some day my back won't randomly crack 50 times a day.
2. I won't have constant heartburn that ranges from mild to incinerator in my esophagus.
3. I will be able to lay on my stomach.
4. I will be able to sit up using my ab muscles!
5. Waddling will no longer be the easier than walking.
6. People won't stare at my stomach for uninterrupted, long amounts of time.
7. I also won't get free treats from bakeries... hm... that has been nice, actually.
8. I will be able to see my feet, eventually.
9. I may start sleeping less than 12 hours a night/day.
10. I won't have a living thing inside me. Don't get me wrong, again, I love that it's a baby. But when it's 3am and your heartburn (even though dinner was a solid 7 hours ago) kicks in and then your stomach starts doing its own set of jumping jacks, let's just say I didn't know motion sickness was possible while laying down in your bed, but it is. Not to mention that I usually have to go to the bathroom as well.
Here's to 3 more months!