Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Master of My Own Destiny

I realized, in light of some recent events, that it may be possible that more people read my blog than I realize.

Luckily, I am an open book! But, I will choose my words more carefully. Although if you are an anonymous reader and find yourself reading about you, you'll know it's you and, well, I guess the cat will be out of the bag. Like this post I'm about to write, for instance, will be rather specific, though I will not use names.

As another preface, I find that I usually blog when I'm at work. Whether or not I have something of importance to say is irrelevant, having time on my hands is the true matter at hand.

So, welcome to a post of useless whims.

Whim #1: I am the master of my own destiny, as far as the weekend is concerned, anyway.
This past weekend I went on a date. He ended it quite a bit earlier than I had expected, and I could only assume it was because he wasn't enjoying himself in my company. I was indifferent- I wasn't having a bad time, but I also wasn't super offended when he dropped me off an hour after he had picked me up.
It took me about two minutes to decide that my Saturday night was certainly not ending at 9:30pm. I watched as all my roommates left to their various activities, and then I remembered a friend had texted me earlier in the week asking if I'd like to go play tennis sometime. Figuring I didn't have a whole lot to lose, I texted him and asked if he wanted to play. Ten minutes later, he picked me up and off we went. It was super fun!! Thought I have no skill to speak of (yet!) I really love to play tennis, and we had a blast. It turns out my tennis friend played all through high school, so it was more of  a tennis lesson for me than a game for him, but it was still really fun, and I'm glad it worked out for us to play together.
I got home that evening and thought to myself, "Take that. I will make my Saturday night fun, regardless."
This isn't the first time a date has ended early (perhaps I should paying better attention as to why... uh oh haha) and this isn't the first time I have ended up doing something infinitely more enjoyable afterward as a result. To quote a previous semester theme, this is my life. :)

Whim #2: Speaking of tennis, my roommates and I have all taken an interest in the sport. Tired of borrowing others' raquets, my roommate and I went to a sporting goods store and purchased our own. While my roommate was carefully examining the various raquets and comparing quality/features/price, I saw this one and immediately made my decision. Let's get real- how awesome is a pink and white raquet, with matching pink tennis balls? Oh and proceeds go to breast cancer research. Pretty sure I couldn't go wrong.

Yeah. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment