Tuesday, March 18, 2014

On a Lighter Note...

I knew my last post would generate a lot of heated opinions. However, I didn't realize how much I wouldn't appreciate fueling the debate, and if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. So, I deleted the facebook link. Turns out almost no one reads my blog if I don't have it on Facebook. :) I left it on my blog, because that's still how I feel, but yeah- no more facebook.

But, on a lighter note, I was making my lunch, and was again, again again again, reminded that Nate and I do not have a microwave. Initially I didn't think it would matter much, and- to be fair- it takes mere minutes longer to use the stovetop or oven- but you would be amazed how hard of a habit it is to kick. I apparently used the microwave several times a day, considering how often I am reminded I don't have one.

A recipe calls for melted or softened butter. Nope, pull out the saucepan. Leftovers for lunch or dinner? Nope- do a quick analysis of what belongs in a pot and what requires a cookie sheet or casserole dish. Thaw some meat? Better get some warm water running.

It's probably better to not have our food zapped and then instantly available. It teaches patience and minimizes the need for instant gratification. However, it is one more thing to add to the list of "Why I'm Grateful I Wasn't a Pioneer"

That is a great list actually.

I'm grateful I wasn't a pioneer because...

-I like being warm
-I don't like being wet
-or cold
-or dirty
-I like to have a variety of foods on hand. Last night was Mexican, tonight will be Thai, and I'm planning Italian for tomorrow. Pioneers ate the same thing every day
-I like to do my hair and makeup
-I prefer to go to church inside a building
-I sleep with a night light
-I love our BeautyRest mattress
-Having carpet and a vacuum is nice
-I may not have a microwave, but I do have an oven. And sink.

First world problems.

The list goes on, but next time you are uncomfortable, just think, "At least I'm not a pioneer."

No comments:

Post a Comment